Black Ops Cold War Beta Date and Time
The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Beta event is set to run over two weekends, with each weekend event running over the course of four days.
A full breakdown of the Cold War Beta Event schedule can be found below.
Weekend One (October 8 – October 12)
The first weekend Beta is exclusively for PlayStation 4 owners and is set to run from 10:00am Thursday, October 8 to 10:00am Monday, October 12.
Early Access: From Thursday, October 8 to Friday, October 9, the Beta event is only playable for those that pre-ordered Black Ops Cold War digitally on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
Open Beta: From Saturday, October 10 to Monday, October 12 the Beta event will be available for free for all those that own a PlayStation 4.
Weekend Two (October 15 – October 19)
It is worth noting that all PlayStation 4 owners will have complete access to the Beta across the entire second weekend.
Xbox and PC Early Access: From Thursday, October 15 to Friday, October 16, the Beta will be playable for all those that pre-ordered Black Ops Cold War on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or PC via Blizzard Battle.net.
Xbox and PC Open Beta: From Saturday, October 17 to Monday, October 19, all those on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC will have free access to the Black Ops Cold War Beta event.
How to Get Into the Beta
How to Access The Black Ops Cold War Beta on PlayStation
Those that have pre-ordered Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 digitally, will now be able to pre-load the Beta ahead of its launch on Thursday, October 8.
To do so, simply search “Black Ops Cold War Beta” on the PlayStation Store and begin the download.
How to Access the Black Ops Cold War Beta on PC and Xbox
Should you have purchased Black Ops Cold War digitally on PC or Xbox One, you will unfortunately have to wait until Tuesday, October 13 in order to begin pre-loading the Beta.
To download the Beta, simply head to the Xbox Store and search “Black Ops Cold War Beta” or search the “Partner Games” section in the Blizzard launcher to find the Beta download.
How to Unlock the Mutual Animosity Weapon Blueprint
As an added incentive, all players that reach level 10 within the Beta Event will unlock the Mutual Animosity SMG Weapon Blueprint that will be available to use at the launch of Black Ops Cold War.
For those that may not be aware, a Weapon Blueprint is essentially a cosmetic skin for a particular weapon class. However, some Weapon Blueprints will come pre-loaded with a number of attachments. These attachments – despite their level requirements – can be used by the player at any level.
How to Unlock the Free Russell Alder skin for Call of Duty: Mobile
If you’re a fan of Call of Duty: Mobile, you’ll be happy to know that any player that logs in throughout the Beta Event will receive a free Russell Alder skin for Call of Duty: Mobile.
While not much is known about Russel Adler, we do know that he toured with the MACV-SOG in Vietnam as a CIA operative and plays a major role in Black Ops Cold War.
Unfortunately, the process in order to receive the free mobile skin isn’t exactly straightforward. For this reason, the full instructions, as listed by Call of Duty’s website, can be found below:
- Step 1: If you haven’t already, create or link your Activision Account in Call of Duty Mobile. Click here for detailed specific instructions on how to do this.
- Step 2: Download and play the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Beta through the same Activision Account. It doesn’t matter what platform you’re on or what day you play; so long as you play on the same Activision Account you linked your Call of Duty: Mobile profile to, you’re eligible to receive this reward.
- Step 3: Check your e-mail address tied to your Activision Account for your unique code to unlock Adler. Codes will be sent the week after the Beta ends. The e-mail should be in your inbox but may appear in another folder; check them all before following up with Activision Support.
- Step 4: Once you receive a code, visit https://www.callofduty.com/redemption and enter your UID (found in your Call of Duty: Mobile profile, under your username) as well as that unique code.
- Step 5: Head to Call of Duty: Mobile’s in-game mailbox to claim your reward, and dive into Call of Duty: Mobile’s Multiplayer and Battle Royale with this master of espionage and deception.
Every Map and Mode Included in the Cold War Beta Event
- Team Deathmatch
- VIP Escort,
- Kill Confirmed
- Combined Arms Domination
- Combined Arms Assault
Players will be able to experience these modes across the following maps:
Beta PC Requirements
Listed below are the following requirements needed to run the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta on PC.
|Cold War Beta PC System Requirements|
|Minimum Specifications||Recommended Specifications|
|OS||Windows 7 64-Bit (SP1) or Windows 10 64-Bit (1803 or later)||Windows 10 64 Bit (latest Service Pack)|
|VIDEO||Intel Core i5 2500k or AMD equivalent.||Intel Core i7 4770k or AMD equivalent|
|Video||Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 2GB / GTX 1650 4GB or AMD Radeon HD 7950.||Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / GTX 1660 Super 6GB or AMD Radeon R9 390 / AMD RX 580|
|RAM||8GB RAM||16GB RAM|
|HDD||45GB HD space||45GB HD space|
|NETWORK||Broadband Internet connection||Broadband Internet connection|
|SOUND CARD||DirectX Compatible
Requires DirectX 12 compatible system
Requires DirectX 12 compatible system